When talking about the strong antivirus protection that acted as ‘hawk-eyed’ and protects all your systems, no one can compete with Norton Internet security. It provides malware protection and removal during the subscription period.
When talking about Norton’s Real Time protection that detects unspecified security risks on your PC and alerts you on when finding any risks.
Note-For some users it is recommended to go for default settings. In case, you wanted to turn off the feature for a temporary purpose, turn it on as soon as possible.
For the low-risk items to get remove automatically then configure it on Sonar Advanced mode. And auto-protect protects and checks on the viruses and the security risks, every time you run your PC. So keep the auto-protect ‘On’.
Follow the steps to customize Norton Internet security’s Real Time protection settings-
- Auto-Protect to scan removable media
You need to set the auto-protect to scan the removable media which takes mini- second to complete the scan.
Check out the steps to customize automatic protection settings are-
- Visit Norton.com/setup link.
- Select the option ‘Settings’ in the Norton setup main window.
- Set the slider to ‘On’ under removable media scan.
- Set SONAR for automatically removing threats
SONAR or Symantec Online Network for Advanced Response provide real-time protection against the virus and detects the unspecified security risks on your PC. It easily points out threats based on the behavior of the system.
Check out the steps to remove the threats automatically through SONAR-
- Visit Norton Setup link.
- Select the option ‘Antivirus’ in the ‘Settings’ window.
- Put the slider to ‘Always’ under ‘Remove risks automatically’.
- Under the ‘Remove risks, if I’m away’, put the slider to ‘Always’.
- Click on the option ‘Apply’.
Tips- If you have any queries about any product of Norton Antivirus or for any issues faced during customizing Norton Internet security’s Real Time protection settings then you can anytime contact Norton Customer Support Number to get assistance from the best experts.
- Auto-Protect to exclude the good files from Norton scans
If you think Norton online security software removes the infected files as well as removes the valid app or files, counting it under the security risks then you can modify this.
Check out the steps to exclude the files or app from Norton scans-
- Visit Norton.com/setup link.
- Click on the option ‘Settings’ in the Norton main window.
- In the ‘Settings’ window go for clicking ‘Antivirus’.
- Select the tab ‘Scans and Risks’ in the Antivirus settings window.
- Apply any one of the following under ‘Exclusions or Low risks’-
- Select the option ‘Configure’ in the ‘items to exclude from Scans’ row.
- Click on the option ‘Configure’, in the items to exclude from auto-protect, SONAR, and Download Intelligence Detection’ row.
- Click on the option ‘Add folders or add files’ on the window that appears up.
- Select the ‘Browse’ icon in the ‘Add item’ dialog box.
- Click on the item which you wanted to exclude from the scans on the dialog box that appears.
- Select the option ‘Ok’.
An expert in technical writing, James Watson has been studying and writing on all the latest technologies. Be it Norton, Internet security services, Microsoft and Antivirus, he strives to grab knowledge of even minor updates or changes occurring in the current technological world. Many publishers have published a number of articles written by him.