Now-a-days, with the increase of internet usage or online activities, the risks of getting attacked through online threats have also been increased. One such online threats is ransomware that automatically locks the users out of their essential files or their device and thus, blackmailing the users so as to avoid the deletion of data. To offer the protection to the users against the ransomware attacks, the antivirus or online security provider, Norton Setup has included the feature of “Ransomware Recovery” within its product i.e. Norton Mobile Security.
Norton Mobile Security is one of the online security solutions developed by Norton for its users having the devices executing over the Android platform. The feature of Ransomware Recovery lets the users to scan as well as remove the ransomware attacks from their Android Device. Thus, the steps to enable or set up the Ransomware Recovery have been detailed in the below information.
By following the stepwise procedure detailed below, the users could easily set up the feature of Ransomware Recovery in the Norton Mobile Security:
- Firstly, launch the android application of Norton Mobile Security on the device.
(Important Note: The users could easily download the Norton Mobile Security application to their device, by signing in to their Norton My Account.)
- And then, tap the stack overflow icon i.e. the menu icon displayed at the upper leftmost corner of the man activity.
- After this, scroll the menu till the “Settings” option is visible to the users.
- Now, select the “Settings” option.
- And then, the “Settings” activity will appear on the device.
- Here, go to the “Scans” section.
(Important Note: if the users are not able to find the “Scans” option on the Norton Setup mobile application then, they may call the Norton Customer Support number, to get an instant help.)
- After this, tap the “SETUP” option displayed in front of “Ransomware Recovery” option within the “Scans” section.
- Now, to open the Administrator settings of the device, click the “Next” button.
- And then, toggle the button to enable the Device Administrator Settings in the Norton Mobile Security.
- After this, enable the feature of Ransomware Recovery by moving the slider i.e. turning it On.
An expert in technical writing, James Watson has been studying and writing on all the latest technologies. Be it Norton, Internet security services, Microsoft and Antivirus, he strives to grab knowledge of even minor updates or changes occurring in the current technological world. Many publishers have published a number of articles written by him.