Now-a-days, the users have a multiple account and it is quite difficult to remember all the passwords. So provide an ease to the users, Norton has developed a web-based password manager, named as Norton Identity Safe Vault that stores all the passwords of the users. Sometimes the users may face some common errors or issues while signing in to the Norton Identity Safe Vault and one such common login errors of Norton Identity Safe Vault is “Incorrect Password”. Thus, to provide an ease to the Norton, I am introducing the easiest method by which the users could troubleshoot the Norton Identity Safe Vault “Incorrect Password” Error, manually.
The Norton Identity Safe Vault is mostly caused either the password of the Norton Account or of the Norton Identity Safe Vault has been entered, incorrectly by the users. The occurrence of the error is marked by the popping up of an error message box on the screen when the users click the “Sign in” button. The error message is shown below:
“Unable to identify the users account. Incorrect Password”
For signing in to the Norton Identity Safe Vault, the users need to first sign in to the Norton Account and then, sign in to the Norton Identity Safe Vault. By following the users could easily troubleshoot the “Incorrect Password” error faced while signing in to the Norton Identity Safe Vault:
- Utilize the Norton Identity Safe Toolbar for Signing in to the Norton Account:
For signing in to the Norton account using the Norton Identity Safe Vault, follow the step wise procedure mentioned below:
- For initializing the signing in process, launch the web browser like Google Chrome or any that has been installed to the users’ device.
- Now, tap the “Vault is closed” option, if the Norton Identity Safe toolbar displays the “Vault is closed” on the web browser.
- And then, type the email address of the Norton account in the space provided to the users for sign in to the account
- After this, click the “Next” button.
- Now, type the password of the Norton account on the next page appeared to the users.
- And then, click the “Sign In” button.
- If the users forgot the password of the Norton account then, they click the “Forgot Password” option or may visit the Norton.com/Setup to get the instructions for recovering the password.
- Once the users successfully sign in to the Norton My Account, they will be prompted for the password of Norton Identity Safe Vault.
- Sign in to the Norton Identity Safe Vault:
Follow the steps mentioned below for signing in to the Norton Identity Safe Vault, easily:
- On the Norton Identity Safe window, type the password of the Norton Identity Safe Vault.
- The users may get hints if they had forgotten the password. For getting the hints, click the “Show Password Hint” option.
- If the “Show Password Hint” option does work to recover the password then, the users need to delete their Identity Safe online vault.
- For deleting the Identity Safe online vault, type the password three times in the space provided, incorrectly.
- And then, select the “Need to delete your Vault? Click here” option.
- After this, a popup window will appear on the screen. On this popup window, tap the “Yes, Delete My Vault” button.
- Now, the users need to enter the password of their Norton account and then, click the “Delete My Vault” button.
- After this, a confirmation dialog box will appear on the screen. On this confirmation dialog box, tap the “Yes” button for deleting the Vault, permanently.
- For getting the instructions for creating a new Norton Identity Safe Vault, the users may visit the Norton.com/Setup.
If the Norton Identity Safe Vault “Incorrect Password” error still persists on the users’ device then, they may call the Norton Customer Support number, in order to get an instant support.
An expert in technical writing, James Watson has been studying and writing on all the latest technologies. Be it Norton, Internet security services, Microsoft and Antivirus, he strives to grab knowledge of even minor updates or changes occurring in the current technological world. Many publishers have published a number of articles written by him.