The most important thing for online users is to understand the concept of Adware that is better known as unwanted computer software that is capable to gain access to your device and data.
For those who are new to the concept of Adware need to know that the software displays ads on prominent websites and gain information about the user’s behavior.
It is common that the adware may come attached to the freeware or shareware file that tends to infect the user’s computing devices.
However, if you think to delete the particular freeware or shareware then this idea may not help you to remove the ads.
Generally, to deal with such Adware, it is recommended to install Norton antivirus software via norton.com/setup, but due to certain circumstances, there can be situations wherein the Norton antivirus is unable to remove the adware. In this article, you will get to know the steps to remove adware from your device when Norton is unable to do so.
How Adware can be risky?
Adware is a small coding that generally doesn’t affect your computing device and even if you access the websites you like, you will the banner ads of the products you like. However, most of the programs do not come with the option to uninstall the ads. Moreover, if you visit a site that is less-reputed then adware may get installed using web-browser vulnerability.
Read Also >> Top 5 Features of Norton Antivirus
This explains that there might be a situation wherein you will have some hidden programs on your computing device that are quite tough to remove or uninstall. These programs also keep an eye on whatever you do, which is not good. Such programs become unmanageable even by the most-trusted antivirus that is Norton.
How can you remove Adware without Norton antivirus?
There are certain steps to follow when it comes to removing the adware without Norton antivirus, these steps are as follows:-
- In the initial step, you have to make sure that you have the latest updated version for NAV software, if you have, then click to run the software on your computer.
- Now, record the names of the threats that are listed on the screen.
- In this step, you have to click on the names of each threat to open it for rendering each affected file.
- Click on the “Start” option and then click on the run option, after this, type ‘cmd’ in the box and finally click on the “OK” option.
- You now have to type ‘cd’ that is followed by the path for offending files and then type ‘dir’ once you have reached the directory location.
- In this step, you have to type ‘del’ followed by the above-mentioned step and then type ‘dir’ once again to list the directory.
- Once it is done make sure that the offending file is gone.
- You just need to repeat the steps until all the files containing Adware are gone.
- Now type ‘Exit’ and then click on the ‘return/enter’ for closing the DOS window when there are no affected files left.
In a conclusive viewpoint:-
It is important to consider that in some cases of removing any sort of malware even the best and the most recommended antivirus like Norton is unable to remove the malware completely from your device. In such cases, you need to understand that there are certain steps which you need to consider deleting the affected files without Norton’s help. The article has already highlighted the steps that can help you to delete or remove such files. In case, you still encounter some issues, it is recommended to visit Norton’s official website.