Norton is one of the leading brands when it comes to device security. It not only protects your device from getting infected with viruses but also safeguards your online as well as offline privacy.
Since there are many products to choose from, Norton Password Manager is one of the significant tools that are gaining recognition among users who wish to safeguard their devices and personal data from going into wrong hands.
It is essential to have a password manager on your device so that staying protected becomes more convenient.
Although a password manager allows you to store, organize, and access your data, with this you can also manage your sensitive information by providing additional security for making online transactions.
There are various settings which you can customize according to your needs such as resetting the password, and a special “Mobile Unlock” feature which can be used to unlock the password manager with your mobile unlocking password.
This feature removes the hassle of entering your password again and again to gain access to your data.
Steps to customize “Mobile Unlock” feature
The “Mobile unlock” feature can be used to unlock the vault of your Norton Password Manager by sending an approval request.
Read Also >> How to use Norton 360 with LifeLock in an effective manner?
Once you approve the unlock request from your mobile phone by tapping on the prompted options, you will be free from the hassle of entering your password again and again.
So without any further delay, let’s discuss the method to set up “Mobile Unlock” on your device:
Note: Before you set up “Mobile Unlock”, you should have the Norton Password Manager on your device with version 6.2 or later for the app and version 6.3 or later for the browser extension
Step 1- Mobile device registration
- For registering your mobile device, you first need to login to your Norton account.
- Now, open the prevailing vault from the password manager app.
- A pop-up box will appear on your screen asking for your consent to send and receive notifications. Here, you have to tap on “Allow”.
Step 2- Allow the permission for “Mobile Unlock” in browser
- After installing the Norton Password Manager, sign in to your account using the Norton login credentials.
- After this, open your vault in the browser extension.
- Now, tap on the icon of Norton Password Manager followed by the “Settings” option.
- Once you click on the “Settings” option, you will be redirected to a page where you will see the “Mobile Unlock” option.
- Here, click on “Set up”.
- From the “My Devices” tab, choose the mobile device and tap “Turn On” option available next to it.
In the end-
In case you have set up Norton Password Manager on various browsers, then you have to configure the mobile unlock settings for each browser separately. For more information regarding this, you can visit the official website of Norton or go through the “Blog” section.