For those who do not know the concept behind Norton Product Tamper Protection, it is a security feature that is enabled once you install Norton antivirus setup on your systems. It helps you prevent suspicious applications that threaten your device with the virus and other infections. It blocks that suspicious software from making changes to the Norton software.
It also protects the Norton antivirus so that the rest of the processes cannot interrupt in the scanning and removal process, injecting code or modifying thread execution. It does not matter that the user is having permission to access them or not. He will be blocked from reaching to Norton processes.
However, this security feature can prevent Windows System Restore from making changes in Norton files that result in showing the “Restoration Incomplete” message on the screen and then you have to opt for turn off the Norton Product Tamper Protection temporarily. Disabling an anti-virus for a time-being is important as due to some reasons it affects the working of the actual software installed.
Here, you will get to know the steps to customize the Norton Product Tamper Protection feature. If you have any query related to the software then it is recommended to visit Norton’s official website.
Steps to turn on/off the Norton Product Tamper Protection
The NPTP protects the Norton product from modifications by any virus or unknown software. You can protect from sudden modification by keeping the Norton Product Tamper Protection option turned on. You can turn off the Norton Product Tamper Protection for some time if you wish to.
Read More >> How to manage Norton Early Adopter Program
To manage the Norton Product Tamper Protection, you can follow the steps that are mentioned below:-
- Firstly, you have to click on the “Norton” icon to launch the program.
- In the Norton Product window, you have to click on the “Open” option.
- In this step, you just have to click on the “Settings”.
- Followed by this, click on the “Admin” settings.
- Move the On/Off switch that is visible under the Product security window.
- After this, you just need to click on the option that is labeled as “Apply”.
- You have to select the duration until you want the features to be turned off.
- Once this step is completed, you have to select the “OK” button.
- In the final step, click on the option named as “Close” that is clearly visible in the Settings window.
In a conclusive viewpoint:-
To conclude we can say that although Norton Product Tamper Protection is an important feature however, sometimes you need to turn it off temporarily. Hopefully, the steps that are mentioned in the passage will help you to manage the software while working with the actual processes of Norton antivirus. If you are not able to perform these steps, then it is recommended to visit Norton’s official website or get in touch with the Customer Support team via its support page. Remember, the assistants are available 24/7 to assist you.